Whether you are a regular golfer or picking it up as a leisure activity, you must identify the best TaylorMade golf ball. Are you conflicted about the ideal TP5 golf ball? Ease the tension that comes with acquiring one and read this review. Like any other product, distinguishing one from another would be the best place to start, especially if you are considering golfing more frequently. Any golf entails technicalities that you ought to familiarize yourself with. Taylormade TP5 golf balls have cover softness and compression, technical aspects that differ from each design. That said, this article comprehensively guides you through TP5 vs. TP5x vs. TP5 pix difference. Notably, their distinct features are established.
Quick Overview: TaylorMade TP5 vs. TP5x vs. TP5 Pix
- TP5: It has a softer feel that distinguishes it from the others. The feel closely ranges near to ProV1 and allows a higher spinning with a firmer feel. It also has fur stiff layers with a stiff spring that enables it to build energy upon compression.
- TP5x: It has a softer cast urethane dual-spin cover that increases groove interaction. It has an HFMA material that facilitates energy transfer in an improved way. Thus, it offers an increased speed once compressed.
- TP5 pix: It is a multi-color golf ball, with a soft-tough cast urethane. The TaylorMade TP5 pix has a unique design that entails unique clear path alignments.
Breaking It Down Taylormade TP5, TP5x, and TP5 pix
These designs of TaylorMade models are an advancement of the previous models. The technology’s technique is five-layered, thus improving the performance. Furthermore, these golf balls prove to be better in comparison to competitive designs. Golfers who are looking for a best golf ball whose design incorporates a high flex modulus, then, the TaylorMade is a suitable preference. This design ably converts the ball’s deflection an impact of the forward velocity. Consequently, the ball is softer and reduces the driver spin.
TaylorMade TP5 Golf ball Review
The TP5 golf ball variety has a combination of the second and third layers to the core, forming the tri-fast core. This combination reduces drag and increases launch, hence primarily is responsible for controlling the ball’s flight. The fourth and fifth layers mainly control the spinning. This range is softer and firmer with a compression rating of 85.
Design and technology: The design’s technology has Pix graphics, enhancing performance and stability.
Specifications: The design has red and yellow colors, appealing to the eye, especially if you appreciate multiple bright colors. It has a lower compression, a lower launch, and a higher spin and compression rates at 85.
Performance: If you are considering a ball that flies higher, then you got sorted if this is your choice. The speed of this TP5 is higher when you compare with the other balls. With a better launch, however, you experience a remarkable performance with less spinning.
The feel is softer and firmer when you compare it to the other golf balls, ensuring a higher spinning best for the greens. Its compression gives the softer feel, appropriate for shorter-distance shots. Furthermore, the HFM material converts energy from the club’s impact to the golf ball’s momentum.
Viewing it and acquiring it for golfing would not be a bad idea. Nonetheless, some buyers do not regard it best because a user has no option of personalizing it.
- Country Of Origin : China
- The package height of the product is 2 inches
- The package length of the product is 10.5 inches
• Firmer and softer giving an incredible experience
• The urethane cover makes a dimple pattern, ensuring it lasts for an extended period
• You experience an increased launch angle with less drag because of the tri-fast core feature.
• It has a longer distance when spinning and an all-round ball.
• It offers control options to a player.
• The TP5 golf ball provides a player with a great feel, which is firmer. It has a notable rebound that some golfers appreciate.
• Maintaining it would add to the cost since the layers are prone to wearing off. Better yet, you may need to replace the ball frequently.
TaylorMade TP5x Review
This Taylormade TP5x golf ball is a suitable choice for golfers who consider an increased ball speed that can be attained through a better rebound. Its layer structure has a stiff spring, which builds up energy and when compressed, thus boosting the ball speed. Besides, the ball has a softer cast urethane, which improves groove interaction, hence a more fantastic spin with the freedom to control around the greens.
TaylorMade Golf Balls TP5x Highlights
Design and technology: It has a tri-fast core that enables maximum carry and low drag. This variety has a dual-spin cover and a durable cast urethane with an ultra-soft feature, ensuring durability.
Specification: The ball has four layers, which boost its speed. Also, it allows control in the wind and spins better within the greens with a rebound result—the compression rates at 90.
Performance: The new-high flex material gives a high ball speed. The HFM feature has a firmly wound spring, which builds energy.
It has a lower spinning version, firmer, and a significant striking swing. The TP5x has a more piercing ball flight with less spin.
When playing in the wind, the TP5x has a higher ball flight. Besides, the chips and pitches could be somewhat short, hindering you from stopping the spin on the ball.
- Country Of Origin : China
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 2 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 10.5 Inches
• The performance is quite impressive
• The TP5x has an optimal level of spin, offering consistency.
• With shorter shots, you can lose the spin; therefore, the ball spins backwards several times.
TaylorMade TP5 Pix Review
The TP5 pix has a multicolor pattern that makes it visible for players when rotating the ball. With X-shaped images, you would love the brightness and color design.
TP5 Pix Highlights
Design and technology: It has a flex modulus material and a pattern of X’s and data tech spring for easier spinning. As such, a player is certain of excellent visibility while rotating.
Specification: The ball has a great combination of yellow and red X graphic designs. It also has a stiff-thick layer that is next to the soft urethane cover for firmness – compression rates at 97.
Performance: Spins similar to TP5 and TP5x.
The spinning rate is impressive, especially in the greens. The multiple red and yellow colors enhance visibility when playing.
The spinning rate may be lower when playing in the wind.
• The spinning rate is striking
• The rotating level is optimal and consistent
• The ball could spin backward in the wind, especially when making shorter shots.
- Easier to see. Multi-Color graphics allow for better visibility during both high and low light hours.
- Spin feedback. Large contrasting graphics provide overall spin feedback around the green.
- DURABILITY. Uncoating graphics increase image duraility.
Should you play with TaylorMade TP5 or TP5x
Though both TP5 and TP5x are quite similar in performance, the two are distinct from each other. Notably, the difference between TP5 and TP5x is that they vary in the exterior’s softness. The TP5x has a firm cover of 0.20″, which increases the speed. On the other hand, the TP5 urethane cover is softer with a 0.40″ cast that provides it with the necessary stiffness.
Acquiring the best TP5 golf ball would be quite challenging if you have no idea where to start. Before you get stuck, you need to consider a list of factors when selecting a TP5 ball.
1. Spinning rate
This would be estimated in relation to how a golf ball is stuck in terms of flight, speed, and flight design (straight or in a curve). The TP5 spinning rate is higher in comparison to TP5x.
2. Maximum distance
Ideally, golfers love balls that would cover a longer distance. The ideal golf balls have a multi-layer, which ensures that the distance through compression is maximized, especially in a windy atmosphere. TP5 and TP5x are a significant choice.
The TP5 and TP5x designs have four tight speed layers that operate as a spring creating a fantastic rate. This feature gives it more control and increases the spin, mainly when playing in a wind environment.
4. Material for cover
The two golf ball ranges have a high flex material cover that ensures that it performs better. Besides, it increases the spin rate and also has a great impact on speed.
FAQs about Taylormade TP5 golf balls
Which of these ball spin more TP5 or TP5x or TP5 Pix?
Though the three are of the same range and brand, their performance slightly varies. The TP5x, whose compression is 90, has a lower-spinning rate in comparison to the TP5x, while the TP5x Pix has a 97 compression. As for the TP5, it has a compression of 85 you would consider settling for if you are looking for a higher spinning rate.
Which TP5 ball is right for me?
Either ball has an exceptional combination of soft and firmer feel, high spin, and a low compression, features that make them unique. Realistically, an average golfer would opt for the TP5 ball if you are an expert, who, on average rates beyond 230 yards, then TP5x would be ideal.
What is the compression of TaylorMade TP5 golf ball?
The general compression of Taylormade TP5 is 85. This makes it have a softer impact when you compare it with the balls in this range. It, therefore, gives a higher flight with a more spin.
Going through the TaylorMade TP5 vs TPx vs TP5 pix, you realize that all three perform significantly. Nevertheless, the TP5 proves to rank better in performance, making it ideal for experts. You would consider the TP5 Pix and TP5x balls if you want a better experience, especially with a softer feel and compressor cover.